- Jesus – “God blesses those whose hearts are pure, for they will see God.” (Matthew 5:8)
- Our world is impressed with appearance, achievements or acquisitions, but the Lord is impressed with our ‘heart.’
- “Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” (1 Samuel 16:7)
- “Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.” (Proverbs 4:23)
- When Jesus said the ‘pure in heart’ will see God, He was saying that they would experience the best of God’s presence, power, and purposes in their lives.
- Being ‘pure in heart’ doesn’t mean someone is perfect, but it means that they have integrity in their hearts and lives.
- Living with Integrity means our lives are characterized by:
- Totality – what we believe and value impacts every part of our lives;
Authenticity – we are completely honest and transparent in our circumstances and relationships
Sincerity – we do the right things for the right reason; and
Reliability – we are consistent in the way that we live
- “Putting confidence in an unreliable person is like chewing with a toothache or walking on a broken foot.” (Proverbs 25:19)
- We’re oftentimes interested in our pursuits, pleasures, possessions, prestige, etc., but the Lord is interested in the purity and integrity of our hearts
- Jesus – “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.” (Matthew 5:8)
WHY SHOULD WE STRIVE TO LIVE WITH INTEGRITY?